goal setting app, Self help

Accomplish your goals with clarity

Earl Nightingale said, “Every great accomplishment is the result of thousands of tiny accomplishments that nobody ever sees or appreciates”. There is no going from zero to greatness overnight.

goal setting

At certain points in your life, concepts lock into your subconscious mind and when they do you are never the same. What I have come to realize is that if you persist long enough, you will succeed. Everybody you know who is successful has had to persist and overcome adversity to get there. This is the way it works. It has always been the case and it will never change.

You might feel that it is so hard to be successful, mainly because you have to compete with so many people. The requirements for success have not changed. You have to have very clear goal-setting and keep revising your goals with new information. You’ve got to keep getting new information and keep learning and be totally dedicated to taking in new information. If you don’t, your mind will become stagnant and you will just recycle your old information. To be successful, you have to be good at what you are doing. There is no room for mediocrity. It is a fact the top 20 percent of people make all the money and the other 80 percent fight for the crumbs off the table from the top 20 percent. You’ve got to get in the top 20 percent.

The way you do this is to study the people who are in the top 20 percent. Find out what they do, what their behaviors are, how they think and copy them over and over again until you have it mastered. Copy those things and you will become part of the top 20 percent of people who make the money.

If you can’t see the target, you can’t hit it. It all starts with clarity of goal setting and getting them written down. Become an avid, constant student of new information, ideas, and knowledge. In order to get a competitive advantage, you will need to focus on getting the results other people are willing to pay you for. According to research, everybody starts off pretty much the same at the marathon race of life. Some people get way ahead, most people stay in the middle, and some people fall behind.

The very best in the game deliberately practice the specific skills they need at each step to increase their ability to get results. They are very focused on this. They don’t try to learn a hundred things; they focus on the one skill that will help them the most to move ahead at that moment. Ask yourself, “Which one skill would help you to increase your income, to get better results, to move ahead in your career?” And if you don’t know what the answer is, it is imperative that you find out. You absolutely can not move ahead in your life until you know the answer to that question. Whatever that skill is, set the development of that skill as a goal and work on it every day until you master it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *